Saturday, April 17, 2010

I WAS HAPPIER BEFORE….

…I knew so much. I didn’t come into the world knowing that there was a price to pay for EVERYTHING.
BEFORE I knew even a tenth of what is actually going on in Washington. This murky gray area of knowing just enough to wonder what else they are doing is making me a little bit crazy.
BEFORE I knew you could ‘buy’ a senate seat, for instance. I hear that the newest senator wanna-be from Connecticut has set aside $50,000,000 of her own money to run. She and her husband accumulated that wealth from the world of wrestling. That should make her ready for a fight.
BEFORE I knew you could negotiate for a lesser crime committed by an admittedly guilty criminal. That should have no consequence in determining guilt or innocence.
BEFORE I knew how they make sausage.
BEFORE I knew how very little I actually know about computers, even though I use one for several hours each day.
BEFORE I knew the cost of housing people on death row and that only a very small percentage survive the waiting period.
BEFORE I knew where gelatin comes from.
(Skin, bones and hides of pigs, primarily). Of course, there is nothing wrong with that but I just didn’t need that visual which pops up right in the midst of my jello experience.
BEFORE I knew so much about earthquakes and that one major fault line falls right under southern California.
BEFORE I knew the extent of what it meant to be a ‘well oiled machine’ when they spoke of Tiger Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment